About Pre-Law Advising
UMBC’s pre-law advising services are open to current students of all majors as well as alumni interested in law school and legal careers.
The pre-law academic advisor is available to provide the following services:
- Help students and alumni explore their interests and decide whether law school is the right path for them
- Advise current students and alumni about:
- academic preparation for law school
- the law school admission process
- Law School Admission Test (LSAT) examination and preparation
- factors to consider in applying for and choosing a law school
- financing law school
- scholarship opportunities
- law school rankings
- internship and employment possibilities
- networking and job shadowing
- Review personal statements and other law school application materials
Students at UMBC may meet with the pre-law academic advisor at any time, including as early as their first or second year, to explore whether attending law school is a good fit. Students should continue to meet with their designated academic advisor to ensure they stay on track for completing their major and graduation requirements.
For more information, please contact Molly Timko, J.D., Pre-Law Academic Advisor at email@example.com.